Master Thesis and Essays
Please send/leave us master thesis and essays as a pdf-file ready to be printed, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, on a floppy disc, CD, UBS-memory or similar (feel free to divide your work into several pdf-files if easier but number them so it is clear in what order they shall be placed). If a text (author and title) is wanted on the back of the book it can be attached in a separate pdf-file (at least 100 pages is acquired so that the writing on the back of the work will fit).
In connection with your files we also need an order from your department in those cases where the department finances the printing costs.
Normally master thesis is printed in black and white, in the standard format (usually S5, 165x240 mm) and with the standard cover that applies to the respective department if nothing else is clear from the order.
To get the fastest possible handling, proof read your work carefully and control pdf-files before you send the material to LiU-Tryck.
We always make a proof print that you can review before the final printing. Leave your email address so we can get in contact with you, and also leave your address if you want the proof print sent to you.
Normally it takes a couple of days to complete the master thesis, from the time we get the approved proof print back.
Information about publishing on the net is available on Linköping University Electronic Press.
Before you get started...
Here below some general tips follows for the design of the master thesis. For further information LiU Electronic Press is recommended. There you find excellent information concerning the printed edition as well as publishing on the internet. Look at www.ep.liu.se/exjobb/ and
Remember to first use the directions and templates of the department, if those are available.
- Feel free to make your work in an A4-format. If it shall be scaled down to a S5-format (81%) you ought to take that into account when you choose font size et c. If you use Times New Roman is at least 12 pt (with a line spacing of approx 14 pt) in the body-copy to be recommended.
- In the body-copy you most appropriately use a so called roman font (for example Times New Roman), while you benefit from writing head lines with a so called lineal typeface (for example Helvetica or Arial)
- Think through which pages will end up on the right (odd pages) and on the left (even pages), and insert blank pages were it is needed. Normally opening pages – library page, title page, preface, summary as well as new chapter are right pages.
- Page number can be inserted either centred on each page or align at the left and right.
- Pictures need to have a resolution of at least 300 dpi.
- Do you have pictures or graphics in colour that shall be printed in grey scale, notice to use colours that strongly contrast to each other (light-dark) if you want the differences in shades in the black and white print to be noticeable in diagrams and similar.
- Text is not suitable for grey scale and should always be completely in black (observe that Word often automatically makes for examples links blue).
- Avoid using transparent colours in Word.
Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri. 09.00-16.00
combined with holidays we apply, shorter working hours as directed by LiU.
Visiting address and opening hours
House A, entrance 19C
WGS 84:N 58° 24.059', E 15° 34.588'
WGS 84 - decimal:58.40099, 15.57646
closed for lunch 12.00-12.45
581 83 Linköping
Last updated: 2019-06-19