Too many students in Studenthuset
In the past few days, a trend has developed in which increasing numbers of students are finding their way back to the campuses, and this is particularly pronounced for Studenthuset on Campus Valla. The university management wants to stop this development.
When LiU activated distance mode, in which all students and co-workers who can are to remain at home, the number of people on the campuses became significantly lower. But in the past few days, Studenthuset on Campus Valla has seen relatively high numbers of visitors: around half of the available study places are occupied at certain times.
“To reduce the risk of the spread of infection we would therefore like to reduce the number of visitors such that only those who cannot remain at home come in to Studenthuset”, says Joakim Nejdeby, who leads the central crisis management group at LiU.
“Students who do visit Studenthuset or any other LiU premises are encouraged to keep their distance from each other, wash their hands often, and go home if they start to feel ill. In order to reduce the risk of the spread of infection even more, we may need to reduce the number of study places or introduce some form of booking system”, says Joakim Nejdeby.
Reduced library opening hours
The library opening hours will be reduced with effect from Saturday 28 March and until further notice, due to the risk of the spread of infection of the coronavirus.
- The libraries at Campus Norrköping and Campus US will be open weekdays 12-15. Closed at weekends.
- In the Valla library in Studenthuset the circulation desk will be staffed weekdays 12-15. “Bokmagasinet” (floor one) is closed to visitors. Books are reserved as usual and will be availible for pick up at floor three.
- Email support to users will be available weekdays 8.00 am-5.00 pm.
- The loan period for reference course literature will be increased from one day to three days. Books borrowed on Fridays must be returned on the following Monday.
- “Ask us”, the on-line chat function provided by the library, will be open as usual, 10.00 am-4.00 pm.
Ideas about distance working: Corona Times: Working at home using library resources
Last updated: 2020-03-26