Requested: Researchers interested in collaboration with universities in South Africa
Are you a researcher interested in collaboration with universities in South Africa? If so, you have the chance to participate in a week of research and innovation in Uppsala in May 2020. The deadline for application is 26 November.
Just over a year ago, LiU joined SASUF (the South Africa Sweden Universities Forum). Thirty-seven universities in South Africa and Sweden are members, together with embassies, civil organisations, government agencies and research financing bodies. Its aim is to strengthen relationships between Sweden and South Africa in research, education and innovation. Two weeks of research and innovation have been held in South Africa, and the third and final week is scheduled to be held in Uppsala, 4-8 May 2020.
LiU can nominate up to 15 researchers as participants in Uppsala, and some places are still available. Contact Veronica Brodén Gyberg (email@example.com) by 26 November.
The themes in focus are related to the global development objectives, as follows:
Climate change, natural resources and sustainability
- Education for a sustainable society
- Social transformation through change: Knowledge and social development strategies for society
- Understanding the burden of disease in Sweden and South Africa and its impact on the health systems of the two countries in the future
- Sustainable urbanisation, travel and tourism in the 21st Century
- Digital technologies, big data and cybersecurity
More information is available at www.sasuf.org
Translated by George Farrants
Last updated: 2019-11-21