First strategy dialogue to start soon
On 29 January the vice-chancellor will get the first strategy dialogue under way. This new initiative invites everyone at LiU to participate in a dialogue to discuss openly the university’s future and the most important questions that we face together.
The dialogues will consist of two parts:
- The vice-chancellor will describe the critical decisions made at LiU in advance of the coming three-year period, and the areas given priority. She will describe the background against which these have been made.
- A workshop to discuss LiU’s future. The starting point will be two pre-defined issues that are to be discussed and responded to in small groups.
The results from the strategy dialogues are an early component of LiU’s work to define strategy and operations for 2019. They are an important part of how LiU plans its operations planning and makes priority decisions. The university management will obtain a more complete and collected image of the challenges, opportunities and prioritisations that LiU is facing.
To be read and considered before attending the dialogue
A page in the Lisam system, lisam.liu.se/strategidialog, presents (in Swedish) the information that you need in preparation for the strategy dialogue - dates, times, locations (with maps), preparatory material, programme, contact details, etc. All participants will be assigned to a group depending on their role or position in the university: teachers/researchers, PhD students, administrative support. Remember! Please, bring a portable computer or tablet computer with you. The participants will be assigned to small groups and we will ask one member of each group to take notes.
New locations for two of the dialogues
It’s very gratifying that so many people want to participate that two of the university’s own premises are not large enough. This means that it is necessary to move these dialogues to externals locations. The dates, times and locations of the dialogues are as follows:
- NEW LOCATION! University Hospital Campus: 29 January, 3.00-4.30 pm, Quality Hotel Ekoxen
- NEW LOCATION! Campus Norrköping: 30 January, 1.00–2.30 pm, Laxholmskällaren, the Museum of Work (Arbetets museum)
- Campus Valla: 12 February, 1.30-3.00 pm, Ter1 in the Terra Building, Entrance 37B
- Campus Valla: 12 February, 3.30-5.00 pm, Ter1 in the Terra Building, Entrance 37B
- Campus Valla: 16 February, 1.30-3.00 pm, Ter1 in the Terra Building, Entrance 37B
- Campus Lidingö: 12 March, 1.30-3.00 pm
Last updated: 2018-01-25