Stolen or lost telephone
It’s a shame that your telephone is on the run! If your phone has been stolen or is lost you should report this to the police.
After reporting the incident to the police, do the following:
- If the device is registered in the mobile device management system (MDM), purchased after January 10th 2018, you should urgently report the loss or theft to Telephone Services (firstname.lastname@example.org or call 013-284400). It is possible to set the phone in "lost mode" to enable information about contacting Telephone Services to be displayed on the screen of the device. In this mode, the device can be traced when it's turned on and has coverage.
- Contact Telephone Services even if the phone is not registered in the mobile device management system - we will assist you.
- Theft of IT equipment is always to be reported to the Incident Response Team (IRT) via email@example.com.
We can help you contact Tele2 to block your subscription, but what we generally do in such cases is exchange the SIM card. This makes the SIM card in the lost unit unusable, while allowing you to quickly and easily continue to use the telephone number in a borrowed unit.
In order to carry out a SIM card exchange, all we need to know is your LiU-ID or telephone number, and the address we should send the new SIM card to.
To block the telephone, we must have the following information:
- The police reference number
- The name of the person who reported the case to the police
- The IMEI number of the telephone (How to find your IMEI number, instructions from Tele2).
A telephone that has been blocked cannot be used with any SIM card. If the telephone does not have a screen lock, it is still possible to access its contents. Contact the Helpdesk on 013-282828 for help with remotely deleting the contents of the phone.
Lost Mode (iPhone)
An iPhone that has been lost or stolen can be labelled as such in iCloud. The owner can then specify a contact telephone number that is displayed on the telephone display, which can be used by a finder who wants to return it.
Last updated: Wed Oct 03 14:43:47 CEST 2018