New security scan for virus enabled
The IT department has activated a new security feature provided by Microsoft. The Advanced Threat Protection feature scans files in Teams, Sharepoint and Onedrive to detect viruses. If a virus is found, a warning symbol will appear next to the file and you will no longer be able to share the file. Should this happen, you should contact the IT Helpdesk for assistance in managing the file safely.
An example of a pop-up, warning about a detected virus.
Example of file library in Sharepoint, where a file with detected virus has been marked with a red warning symbol.
Subscribe to IT news
Receive a newsletter for LiU employees 4 times per semester with IT news. The newsletter is in Swedish, but many of the included articles are available in English. Subscribe here!
Latest IT related news
- New telephony supplier (2020-09-29)
- Now possible to connect calendars to Doodle (2020-09-25)
- Passcode or waiting room for all Zoom meetings (2020-09-22)
- See your course room through the eyes of a student (2020-09-14)
- Mac users: upgrade to Office 365 (2020-09-10)
Last updated: 2020-05-11