Settings for Zoom meetings changed after abuse
Unauthorised people have joined Zoom meetings using public links, and have spread inappropriate content during classes, a phenomenon known as “Zoombombing”. The IT Division has changed the basic settings of all meetings, making it more difficult for this to happen again.
The following changes have been made in the settings of all meetings created:
- Update 14 April 2020: previous requirement for login with an account has been removed.
- A password is required when a participant is to join a meeting through a telephone and link. The password will be distributed with the meeting invitation. This change will affect all meetings created after 4.00 pm on 2 April.
- The meeting host must approve the sharing of screens during the meeting.
Users can change these settings for their meetings, but this is not recommended.
- More settings that can be used in are described in the “Värt att veta” blog: Få bättre kontroll på ditt Zoom-möte.
- IT training and Didacticum hold drop-in sessions for questions about online teaching.
Subscribe to IT news
Receive a newsletter for LiU employees 4 times per semester with IT news. The newsletter is in Swedish, but many of the included articles are available in English. Subscribe here!
Latest IT related news
Last updated: 2020-05-04