Some tips for the summer
The summer holidays are getting closer. Take some time to prepare your computer and mobile phone – learn some simple advice from the IT Division.
Most incidents with mobile phones on LiU take place during the summer. Take some simple measures to ensure that there will be less trouble if an unforseen incident occurs.
You can probably find the functions described below on your own. If not, don’t hesitate to contact the IT Helpdesk who can help you.
- Make sure that your images have backups (preferably that they are regularly backed up).
- Make sure you have a password or pin code to unlock your phone.
- Open the app “Find my iPhone” and turn it on (if your have an iPhone). Android phones often have a corresponding function, but it differs depending on the model.
- Redirect your telephone. The redirect is active for calls on the fixed telephone number. Calls for the mobile number comes through.
- Make sure that your files have backup (preferably that they are regularly backed up). Information on how to store your files.
- If you use public wireless networks (e.g. on hotels or cafés) it is worthwhile to use a VPN connection for a safe use of the network traffic.
- If you need to read your email during the vacation but don’t want to take your computer with you, it’s always possible to access your email from any browser, via lisam.liu.se/mail.
- Remember to have an active absence message for your email during your vacation.
- If your computer or mobile phone is stolen you can read here what to do.
- Note that it is not allowed to let someone else borrow your computer or mobile phone (not even family members).
☀️ The IT Division wish you all a nice Summer! ☀️
Subscribe to IT news
Receive a newsletter for LiU employees 4 times per semester with IT news. The newsletter is in Swedish, but many of the included articles are available in English. Subscribe here!
Latest IT related news
- Overhead projectors to be dicontinued at Campus US (2020-05-28)
- LiU background fo online meetings (2020-05-18)
- Book Zoom Meeting via Outlook (2020-05-14)
- Non-verbal feedback in Zoom meetings (2020-05-11)
- New security scan for virus enabled (2020-05-11)
Last updated: 2020-05-04