MinIT ('My IT') is a web-based tool that offers several IT-related functions for users, such as:
- Display and change password for the Eduroam wireless network
- Change password for your LiU account
- Submit requests to install software packages (PC users only)
- Register an ORCID (Open Researcher and Contributor ID)
- Give and withdraw consent to the publication of a profile photograph to be displayed on the employee profile at liu.se
- Change the specification of an office location (which is displayed on employee profiles at liu.se).
Where to find it
Link to MinIT (minit.liu.se)
Users of Mac computers use Self Service to install software packages, instead of MinIT. Such users have access to the other functions of MinIT in exactly the same way as PC users.
Self Service has been pre-installed on computers that are part of the AD system. It allows individual users to install various types of software quickly and easily. The service will make available free programs, selected programs from the App Store (without having to specify an Apple-ID), and other software frequently used at LiU. It will also be easily possible to gain an overview of software for which LiU has licences.
In addition to making it easier for users to manage software, Jamf is used to inventory the Mac computers owned by LiU. The computer activity of users will not be recorded.
Where to find it
The app is found as an icon in the dock. You can search for it using Spotlight search. It's also visible in the applications folder.
Guides and knowledge base in LiUdesk
Find guides and articles in the knowledge database in the Service website in LiUdesk.
Last updated: 2020-03-11