Travel Grants – Knut and Alice Wallenberg Jubileumsfond
Call for travel grants, autumn 2019
Call opens 30 September 2019
Application deadline 30 October 2019
Decisions made no later than 30 November 2019
Below are the instructions for this year’s call. You can download them as a pdf here.
Who may apply?
Travel grants may be awarded to researchers who have completed a doctoral degree (or similar) and doctoral students. For both of these groups, applicants must not have turned 40 years of age by the application deadline, and must be employed at Linköping University. Priority is given to applicants who have completed a doctoral degree (or similar). Previous recipients are normally not eligible until two years have passed; e.g. an applicant who received funding in the autumn of 2017 may not apply for funding until after 30 October 2019. The total amount of funding available per application round is approximately SEK 300,000.
Conditions for applicants
- Active participation in a scientific conference, in particular an international conference. “Active participation” means a presentation of research results in the form of a lecture, poster, seminar introduction or similar. Support is granted, in accordance with the decision from the Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation, primarily for travel expenses.
- The aim of stimulating young researchers’ international scientific network in conjunction with a visit to a foreign university, research institute, etc..
- Funding may not be sought for activities carried out prior to the application deadline.
- The grant is transferred to the applicant’s department and is to be used within 24 months.
- The applicant can normally not expect that the grant will cover all expenses relating to his or her participation.
Grants can be sought for
- Travel and accommodation expenses
- Conference fees
- Other expenses directly related to conference participation
A written application, in duplicate, must be received no later than 30 October by:
Registrar, Building D, Linköping University, 581 83 Linköping, Sweden
Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Structure of Application
- CV (Appendix 1)
- List of publications (Appendix 2)
- Conference call (Appendix 3)
- Abstract (Appendix 4)
- Visit to/from foreign university/research institute, etc. (Appendix 5)
- Calculation of expenses (Appendix 6)
Decisions will be made no later than 30 November 2019. Applicants will be notified via email, and the concerned department via a letter.
Björn Stafstedt, University Services
013 28 68 63
Last updated: 2019-10-03