Working environment and health
Working environment is about the work conditions for employees and students in the workplace. LiU should be perceived as an attractive workplace with a good working environment for both the physical and psychosocial aspects. The working environment should be nurtured and developed in daily operations, through cooperation between management, employees and students in order to prevent illness, injury or exclusion from work. It should be ensured that work is organised so that the employees view it as meaningful, varied, stimulating and developmental. A preventative working environment effort leads to a good working environment that benefits everyone in the workplace and study sphere.
On this page you can read about LiU's working environment and health work. Use the headings to the left to access the different areas.
LiU's goals and action plan for working environment
LiU's long-term goal for the working environment is that LiU will be an attractive, developmental and secure work and study space for employees and students. To achieve this goal, LiU is working with four strategies over a three-year period 2010-2012, aimed to:
- Clarify the organisation
- Clarify conditions of employment
- Encourage health-promoting activities
- Integrate students in the working environment
In addition, LiU shall continue to regularly implement systematic surveys of the working environment.
- Laboratory Safety
- Law-monitoring service - Altea
- Equal opportunities
- SAMS - Interaction Group for Working environment, Enviroment and Safety
- Student Health Care Centre
- Fire Safety Systems
- Working Environment Authority
- Working Environment Information - working environment information from several actors
- You and the Job - Independent Worklife Journal
- Prevent - news, literature
Last updated: 2018-07-12