Promotion from senior lecturer to associate professor
Guide for your application for promotion from senior lecturer to associate professor.
A prerequisite for a proficiency test/promotion to an appointment as associate professor is the need for an appointment as associate professor in the subject area in question. A statement from the Head of department confirming the need shall be included in the application.
The subject area for the appointment as associate professor shall normally be the same as for the appointment as senior lecturer.
A senior lecturer with employment for an indefinite period at the university may, following application, be subject to a proficiency test and be promoted to employment for an indefinite period as associate professor if this person:
- Is employed as a docent or has the equivalent academic expertise or other professional or artistic proficiency
- Has conducted nationally or internationally recognised research
- Has been the principal investigator or co-applicant for research grants that were subsequently awarded, in competition with other applicants
- Has undertaken teaching activities with a scope of at least 3,400 hours in first, second and third-cycle studies
- Has demonstrated teaching proficiency through a variety of activities in education, including planning, practical application (teaching and examination) and evaluation, and has contributed to the development of teaching activities
- Has been a principal supervisor and/or assistant supervisor for at least two years in total
- Has documented the ability to make new knowledge available, in addition to the academic world, to the surrounding society or has included societal needs in a context or research and/or education
- Has undergone the course in teaching and learning in higher education equivalent to 15 credits or is deemed to have acquired corresponding knowledge in some other way
- Has undergone the research supervisor study programme, including the relevant faculty’s part of the research supervisor study programme, at Linköping University (to be included in the 15 credits mentioned above)
The above qualifications should be documented in the CV template.
Submit your application, including your CV, publications list, statement from Head of department, a maximum of 10 publications and the other documents you refer to, in Word or PDF formats, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Scientific publications which you do not have in digital form should be posted to Linköping University, Registrar, 581 83 Linköping, Sweden.
Last updated: 2018-07-10